Reasonable accommodations are provided to eligible test takers in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Before completing the Reasonable Accommodations Request Form, please review the information below. Requests that do not comply with the guidance below may not be approved.
If you seek extra time due to limited language proficiency, please review the Limited English Proficiency Policy. Limited language proficiency is not covered by the ADA.
Important Information About the Request Process:
- Gather documentation before submitting your request.
- Request accommodations before you register for the exam.
- Submit a new request for each exam attempt.
- Request accommodations for exams at a test center at least 45 days in advance (Test Center Locator).
- Request accommodations for online exams at least 5 days in advance.
- Note the following accommodations are only available at test centers:
- Special software or equipment
- Professional reader or recorder
- Call 800-448-7149 if you have questions or concerns. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern time Monday–Friday except Federal holidays.
Examples of Accepted Documentation
- Recommendations of qualified professionals
- Proof of past testing accommodations
- Documented observations by educators
- Results of psycho-educational or other professional evaluations
- An applicant’s statement of his or her history regarding testing accommodations
- Requests are not complete until Support confirms that sufficient documentation has been provided.
- Online exams are proctored remotely using software that blocks all other computer applications. Screen reader or screen magnification programs will not function during online exams.
- Online exam candidates must provide their own equipment.
- Candidates should contact Support if canceling an exam with accommodations.
- Call 800-448-7149 if you have questions. Hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern time Monday–Friday except Federal holidays.