Your HECM Exam results are submitted by Ajanta Consulting, LLC. Once you take the exam, your Pass or Fail results are taken and submitted in bulk to FHA Connection. You don't need to transfer anything! Make sure you have applied to be on the HECM Roster, this can take 3-4 weeks to go through. Once you've been approved and your exam results have been submitted you will show up 7-10 business days after result submission.
Only HECM counselors who meet the eligibility criteria listed below may apply. An eligible HECM Counselor must:
- Have passed HUD's HECM Counseling Exam. Register for HUD's HECM Counseling Exam. HECM Housing Counselors will also be required to successfully pass the HUD Certification Exam upon publication of the Final Rule.
- Have successfully completed at least one training course related to HECM counseling within the past two years
- NOT be listed on the General Services Administration's Excluded Parties List System (EPLS), HUD's Limited Denial of Participation List (LDP), or HUD's Credit Alert Interactive Voice Response System (CAIVRS)
- Be employed by a HUD-approved housing counseling agency
If you are a new applicant, you must apply online by uploading the application and proof of your successful completion of the HECM training course(s) listed on your application in PDF format.
You must be able to fill-in and print the application from FHA Connection (FHAC), sign it, scan it and save it in PDF format. You must use a scanner that creates PDF files. Please be sure that you save all pages of the scanned and signed form into one file before uploading it. PDF is the only acceptable file format.
In addition to the application, you must submit proof to HUD that you successfully completed each education course listed on your application. Each certificate must be scanned to your computer and saved individually in separate PDF files.
Start your FHA Connection Application.
If your application clears all initial system edits:
A Success message will appear at the top of the Results page. The Accepted On field displays the date the application was accepted. You are not on the roster yet.
Note: A counselor will not be officially placed on the Roster until:
- The application and credentials pass a full review by HUD staff.
- HUD staff approve the application to be on the roster.
- You inform the Application Coordinator at your agency that you have successfully submitted your application.
- The Application Coordinator successfully validates in the system – Please note: The Application Coordinator cannot validate your employment until HUD approve the application to be on the roster.
If your application does not clear all initial system edits:
A Warning message appears at the top of the Results page and the Application held for HUD review on field displays the date it was held.
Please visit HUD Exchange Application Overview and Process for more information.
The HECM Exam is currently being offered online only.
The cost to take the exam is $100.00.