Your exam appointment details are listed in the Exam Status Center. To access, sign in and select “Exam Center” at the top of the page, then select “Take Online Exam or Access Exam Details.” If you are already signed in, you can directly access the Exam Status Center. Exam appointments are listed under the "Scheduled Exam" section.
Exam registration, cancellations, and changes are handled through your account on HUDHousingCounselors.com.
To change your exam delivery type, sign in and select “Exam Center” at the top of the page, then select “Take Online Exam or Access Exam Details.” If you are already signed in, you can directly access the Exam Status Center. Follow the steps to cancel your scheduled exam (the exam purchase will be refunded to the credit card used), then follow the steps to register for a new exam.
Be sure to review the No Shows and Cancellations Policy prior to making changes.
For online proctored exams, computer systems must meet the criteria outlined on the Kryterion Online Proctoring Support page. Before scheduling your exam, we encourage you to visit this page to test equipment compatibility, which includes checks for webcam, microphone, and internet speed. Individuals planning to take the certification examination online can prepare by taking the following steps:
- Review the Test Taker Guide, including webcam requirements
- Visit Kryterion Online Proctoring Support to check equipment compatibility for webcam, microphone, and internet speed
- Test browser functionality of the exam Calculator provided onscreen during the exam
HUDHousingCounselors.com cannot provide a webcam. You will not need a webcam if you choose to take the Certification Exam via in-person proctoring at a testing location.
During the exam, test takers must abide by industry-standard testing rules. Certain actions and items prohibited during testing. Read the following instructions and rules to ensure a successful exam experience.
- Make sure the testing room is well lit, quiet, and free from distraction (online proctored exams).
- Ensure your testing surface is clutter-free and contains only one computer, one monitor, one keyboard, and one mouse (online proctored exams).
- Remove all items from your neck and wrist. Watches, bracelets, and necklaces are not permitted during testing.
- For online exams, log in to launch your exam on time. Kryterion will administer the exam only on the scheduled date and time. Please see cancellation and rescheduling guidelines if you are unable to take the exam as scheduled.
- For onsite exams, arrive for your exam fifteen minutes early. Kryterion will administer the exam only on the scheduled date and time. Please see cancellation and rescheduling guidelines if you are unable to take the exam as scheduled.
- Do not read the exam aloud.
- Do not interact with another individual during your test session.
- Do not leave your workstation or take a break for any reason. If you leave the workstation during the exam, Kryterion is obligated to inform your test sponsor and may suspend your exam.
Additional guidance about the exam:
- Candidates are not allowed access to or use of books, paper, reference material, or writing utensils during the exam. (Candidates will have access to an online calculator during the exam).
- Electronic devices, including telephones, cameras, signaling devices, pagers, alarms, and recording/playback devices of any kind are not permitted.
- No questions concerning the content of the exam may be asked during the examination period. Listen carefully to the directions and carefully read the directions shown on the computer monitor.
- No examination materials, documents, or memoranda of any type may leave the testing room.
If you experience issues with exam set up, launch, or during your exam, contact Kryterion
- Live Chat: Go to Online Proctoring Support, then click on “Click Here to Chat.”
- Voice: 1-877-313-2008 (U.S.) or +001-602-659-4679 (International)
- E-Mail: OLPsupport@KryterionOnline.com
Hours of Operation: Sunday 8 a.m. Eastern time through Thursday Midnight; Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. until Midnight
Individuals planning to take the certification examination at a proctoring center can utilize the tool to Locate a Kryterion Testing Center.
The exam will be available both in person and online throughout the US and in US Territories where there are proctoring centers, including Puerto Rico, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands. The exam will be available online only in the Northern Mariana Islands and American Samoa, as there are no proctoring centers in these areas.
For any additional questions relating to Kryterion Testing Centers, please contact Kryterion Testing Center Support:
- Voice: 1-800-403-6199 (US) or +001-602-281-3591 (International)
- Email: KTNsupport@KryterionOnline.com
Hours of Operation: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern time, Monday–Friday
If you need special assistance provided under the Americans with Disabilities Act, you must submit a request for reasonable accommodations prior to scheduling or paying for your certification exam.
The following information is required to approve reasonable accommodations. Please use our Contact Form to provide specific information including:
- Your Name
- Kryterion Test Center Location
- Preferred Dates/Times (Provide at least three.)
- Reason for Accommodation
- Documentation for Accommodation (Possible examples listed below.)
- Recommendations of qualified professionals
- Proof of past testing accommodations
- Observations by educators
- Results of psycho-educational or other professional evaluations
- An applicant’s history of diagnosis
- An applicant’s statement of his or her history regarding testing accommodations.
- Type of Accommodation Needed (Please select accommodations needed. If necessary, describe any specific items in greater detail.)
- Food or water
- Medical equipment
- Multiple breaks
- Private room
- Reader and recorder
- Screen magnification software (ZoomText)
- Screen reader software (ZoomText with Speech)
- Screen reader software (JAWS)
- Attendance of service animal
- Sign language interpreter
The process to review cases, approve requests, and coordinate required services may take up to 45 days from the date of receipt of a completed request.