During the exam, test takers must abide by industry-standard testing rules. Certain actions and items are prohibited during testing. Read the following instructions and rules to ensure a successful exam experience.
Advice for a Successful Test Center Exam
- Print your Assessment Confirmation Email and bring it with you to your exam
- Verify both Primary Photo ID and Secondary ID are valid (not expired) and will be valid on test date
- Arrive up to 15 minutes early for your exam
- Be prepared for test center staff to secure all of your personal items in a locker during your exam
- Be prepared to remove your glasses briefly for examination by test center staff
- Request assistance from test center staff immediately if you encounter any technical issues during the exam
Advice for a Successful Online Exam
- Download Sentinel Secure from the Exam Status Center, create your Biometrics Profile, and test your equipment at least one day before your exam.
- Some candidates may require assistance from their IT Department to install Sentinel Secure and troubleshoot any network or equipment issues.
- Exams should be launched at least 10 minutes before the appointment time, but may be launched up to 20 minutes after.
- Upon launching, you will be queued up for the next available proctor and alerted when a proctor becomes available.
- The proctor will communicate with you through a chat feature on the computer. Be prepared for possible interruptions by proctor requests during the exam.
- Prepare to work with the proctor before beginning the exam to ensure the testing environment and camera placement are in compliance.
- Use a camera stand to allow for quick adjustments to camera placement. Make sure the camera view includes your eyes, hands, keyboard, and mouse. (Beginning August 6, 2020 an external webcam is no longer required. HUD will accept any camera).
- If you wear glasses, the proctor will ask you to remove them and present them for inspection through the camera.
- Make sure the testing room is well lit, quiet, and free from distraction.
- Ensure your testing surface is clutter-free and contains only one computer, one monitor, one keyboard, and one mouse (online proctored exams).
Additional Guidance About the Exam:
- Do not read the exam aloud.
- Do not interact with another individual during your test session.
- Do not leave your workstation or take a break for any reason. If you leave the workstation during the exam, Kryterion is obligated to inform your test sponsor and may suspend your exam.
- Candidates are not allowed access to or use of books, paper, reference material, or writing utensils during the exam. (Candidates will have access to an online calculator during the exam).
- Electronic devices, including telephones, cameras, signaling devices, pagers, alarms, and recording/playback devices of any kind are not permitted.
- Remove all items from your neck and wrist. Watches, bracelets, and necklaces are not permitted during testing.
- No questions concerning the content of the exam may be asked during the examination period. Listen carefully to the directions and carefully read the directions shown on the computer monitor.
- No examination materials, documents, or memoranda of any type may leave the testing room.