The role of the HUD participating housing counseling agency in HUD Certified Housing Counselor Application Process is to verify counselor employment in FHA Connection and to update FHA Connection when counselor employment status changes.
HUDHousingCounselors.com also acknowledges the important role agencies play in supporting counselors as they prepare for certification. To best support your counselors through the certification process, please consider the following important information:
- HUDHousingCounselors.com user accounts are owned by the user. Changes to the account or exam schedule can only be initiated by the user regardless of exam payment source. Access to user accounts and related information is not permitted by third parties unless authorized by the user.
- Counselors should be encouraged to create their user account with an email address they can access from anywhere at any time.
- Registration for the HUD Housing Counselor Certification Exam must be completed through each counselor's HUDHousingCounselors.com user account. There is no method to register and pay for a group of candidates in a single transaction.
- Agencies should avoid creating HUDHousingCounselors.com user accounts for those who do not plan to take the exam.
- Counselors should log into their user account and initiate requests for help on their own behalf at Support.
For questions about this information, please visit Support or call 800-448-7149 Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. except federal holidays.